OSSM has decided to postpone the start of classes to Tuesday, January 18. This will not impact the academic program, and all other dates remain the same, including spring break and graduation.
Students can move into the residence hall on Monday, January 17, between 3 and 7:30 p.m. For questions regarding move-in, please contact Mr. Triplett at email@example.com.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect our community and students return to campus, we ask students and families to note the following guidelines:
- Vaccination against the COVID-19 virus is not required to come to campus; however, we strongly encourage all members of the OSSM community who are eligible to get vaccinated and to get a booster shot if eligible to receive one.
- Face masks are not required at OSSM; however, students and strongly encouraged to wear a mask as CDC guidelines recommend the use of masks while indoors.
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test is not required to come to campus, but students (especially those who are unvaccinated) are encouraged to get tested before moving in.
- If you have had a recent positive test for COVID-19 or are experiencing any symptoms, please do not come to campus. Students who feel ill may move in later, and any missed classes due to illness will be an excused absence.
- Visitors to campus (parents and guests) are not allowed to enter the Residence Hall. As always, please enter campus through the Shedrick Library.
We also want you to be aware of some general policies of the school, which are also affected by the COVID virus:
- Staff will call parents and require an immediate pick-up of any student who has a fever of 101.4 and above whether or not the fever is COVID-related.
- If a positive COVID-19 case occurs on campus, administrators will notify the affected student’s classmates and floormates. Testing (both PCR and Rapid) will be available for those who request it.
- The school will conduct voluntary COVID testing of students, faculty and staff. A student can request a test at any time. Students with COVID-like symptoms will be tested.
- Students will still be able to return home on weekends. We ask students to exercise caution and avoid large crowds and gatherings.
- If a student is positive for COVID-19, he/she may return to campus five days after the onset of symptoms in accordance to CDC recommendations.
Please be reminded that the current COVID situation is constantly evolving, and these guidelines are subject to change