The Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics (OSSM) was created through legislative action in 1983 and graduated its first class of 44 seniors from across the state in 1992. It is designed as a two-year residential public high school for academically gifted students in mathematics and science.
The mission of the Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics is:
To educate students who show promise of exceptional academic development through a program of instruction and discovery that challenges them far beyond the traditional high school model, imparting a superior foundation for careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields.
To serve as a catalyst for advancing public school STEM education in Oklahoma by providing residential, regional, summer, and virtual learning programs that extend advanced science and math education to a diverse student demographic.
To inspire students to make a difference in the State of Oklahoma and the world by leveraging their knowledge and curiosity for the betterment of mankind.
To be Oklahoma’s premier residential STEM school creating a world of possibilities and life changing opportunities.
Our Core Values
- We cultivate caring and are by nature invested in the personal success and well-being of others.
- We listen deeply and with open minds to fully appreciate other perspectives.
- We embody integrity and innovation; blending mastery with forward thinking.
- We practice intellectual humility and continuously engage in learning.
- We bridge the worlds of seen and unseen, of knowledge and action, of past and future.
- We foster physical, spiritual, and emotional health in ourselves and others.
- We bring generosity of spirit to our work and take joy in what we do together.
- We are united in purpose; earning one another’s trust and respectful of our differences