Located next door to the OU Medical campus, just minutes from downtown Oklahoma City and the Oklahoma State Capitol, OSSM is a community of intellectually curious people who push a demanding academic program to its limits.
We are a residential community where there are few boundaries between living and learning, and almost no limit to what you can do. The close connections that develop between OSSM students, faculty and staff lead to deeper understanding and appreciation of differing viewpoints and help foster a climate of mutual respect.
An Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics education is an uncommon journey that will prepare you for college, ready for the challenges ahead. A visit to Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics allows you to explore our academic programs, experience campus life, and interact with students, teachers, and staff. Throughout the year we offer Sneak Peek for 8th and 9th graders and Preview Day for 10th graders. We also offer campus tours, shadowing with current students, and the opportunity to interview with admissions. We encourage you to use your campus visit to begin seeing yourself as an “Awesome” OSSM student.
We offer individual visits, group visits, and visit-day programs. A little advance preparation can make your visit much more productive and enjoyable and help you see all that Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics has to offer.
Getting the most from your visit:
- Think about what you would like to know: Ask about the academic subjects and extracurricular activities that interest you today, but also check out a few new things you might want to explore later. Talk to our students. It isn’t enough to know if a school offers a particular program or activity. You want to know what it’s like to study that subject or do that activity here.
- Explore campus life: You won’t be spending all of your time in the classroom. Visit the library, residence halls, cafeteria, gymnasium and the OSSM Commons.
- Allow plenty of time: You’ve traveled here, so why be in a hurry? A good campus visit will take two to three hours, and sometimes more.
- Do everything you can: If you come during a visit program, we’ll have a range of presentations and discussions that address the general questions most people ask. We’ll also have extensive campus tours to help you see the places where you’ll live and learn.
- Be “AWESOME’ at OSSM: Meet our teachers. Sample our campus food service. Walk the 32 acre campus. Sit in on classes. And look at a residence hall room.
Once you are ready to schedule a visit, go to our website and click the Visit Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics button. Online registration for campus visits close 48 hours prior to a visit date. If you are attempting to register for a visit after that time, call Admissions at 405-521-6439 and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Join our Counselor Mailing List
Two times a year we send a college counselor newsletter. If you would like to be added to our counselor mailing list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, high school, email and mailing addresses.