A free, statewide math contest for Oklahoma Middle School math students
Saturday, April 14
Registration is from 1:00-1:30pm.
Program starts at 1:30pm
Our campus is operating as an ACT testing facility from 8:00-1:00 pm, therefore the OSSM parking lot will be busy from 12:30-1:00pm. Please initiate extreme caution as you arrive and move throughout the parking lot – especially families with small children. No entry to Dan Little Residence Hall (Great Hall) until 1:00pm.
Gazebo gates open at 1:00 pm. This is the primary entrance for the event.
- Teachers are not required to attend.
- Students wear school attire. School uniforms are optional.
- Bring a light sweater or jacket. (Rooms might be cold).
- Calculators (without QWERTY keypad) are permitted, but not provided. (Many students find calculators unnecessary).
- Cell phones or wrist calculators are not allowed during the test and will be collected by proctors.
- Students will be dismissed to relocate to the testing facility at 1:45pm by announcement.
- Test starts at 2:00pm (1 hour). All materials will be provided.
- 4:30pm Awards Presentation (four divisions – no particular order)
- Practice Tests are available.
- Directions to Campus
Park in the OSSM parking lot or overflow parking spaces:
- Across 10th street (south of the 4-way stoplight) at the State Chamber building
- Banc First parking lot (after 12:30pm)
Dan Little Residence Hall
Restroom Facilities Locations:
Ladies – Southwest Corner of the Great Hall
Men – Northwest Corner of the Great Hall
Parents Association of OSSM (PAOSSM) will be selling OSSM memorabilia.
Click below link for the schedule which contains a list of events designed for teachers, parents and guests while the test is being administered.
FYI – The annual, 8th and 9th Grade Sneak Peek event will be running simultaneously with this math contest. Please note: the OSSM parking lot cannot accommodate all vehicles.
- Sneak Peek parents and students will join you in the Dan Little Residence Hall around 2:00 for a general informational program about OSSM. The program will last about 45 minutes.
- At the conclusion of that program, OSSM students will conduct tours of the OSSM campus for anyone who is interested in seeing the campus buildings.
- Further updates and instructions will be made during the opening session at 1:30pm.
For more information about the annual OSSM Sneak Peek program click on the link:
Math contest participants, guests, teachers and families should not register for the Sneak Peek event.
If you have questions, contact:
Mr. Dan Vossen
OSSM Outreach Coordinator